Sometimes #selfcaresoulcare looks like . . .
- honoring your sleep cycles
- preparing fresh, bright, nourishing foods
- knowing when to say yes (and no)
- moving your body (preferably outside)
- drinking plenty of water (preferably with juicy hunks of lemon)
- pressing pause to savor, relax, enjoy your one & only life
- making time for creative expression or whatever lights you up
And sometimes #selfcaresoulcare looks like . . .
Berry Blast SPLAT hair color.
Yes, the kind I always feared (can you imagine how it feels as a socially anxious, deeply introverted, shy person--to walk into public looking like Rainbow Bright?).
Why did I do it?
Because sometimes I take life (way) too seriously.
Because I usually encourage others to express themselves with abandon, while I hide inside my own shell.
Because my prebirth nickname was Rainbow.
Because I may be shy and awkward and introverted and quiet in public, but inside I'm a flippin' badass unicorn.
Show me your #selfcaresoulcare! (And yes, it can be more subtle than this. Buuut . . . I have heard whisperings of "I've always wanted to do that"--soooo, if you're one of those timid-but-brave souls . . . maybe now is the time?) Share your favorite self-care/soul-care boosts in the comments, or join in with our hashtag on IG (if you include a tag for #thephoenixsoul, your capture may appear in an upcoming issue).
love & flippin' unicorns,
Our current issue, Vitality, dares you to take radically good care of yourself. You deserve it, kindred. Let us tend to your tired places.